Service Availability Charge Changes
Board approves slight increase as part of a 10-year plan to address rising costs
The TCEC Board of Trustees met in November and approved a change to the TCEC tariffs effective Jan. 1, 2023. Starting this month, the line item for the “Service Availability Charge” on bills for residential and general service rates will increase by $2. For example, the charge will change from $22.50 to $24.50 for residential single-phase (Tariff 10) service.
Previously, TCEC announced the board's 10-year plan to address rising costs. This plan is based on the cooperative's 2021 independent cost-of-service study, which found that the residential and general service rates weren't adequately recovering fixed costs.
Information on the 10-year plan was sent to area media and posted to the TCEC website on May 31, 2022. See the article at https://tcec.coop/10rateplan. Other places the plan was mentioned include:
• June LiveWire member newsletter
• June member update email
• June annual report bill insert
• June Chat with Zac Facebook Live broadcast
• August District 2, 6 and 8 meetings
• September annual membership meeting
• November Chat with Zac Facebook Live broadcast
• December message on electric bills
• Intermittent Facebook and Twitter posts by TCEC
If you have questions regarding your bill or any aspect of your electric service, please call our office during business hours Monday-Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at 580-652-2418.