Your service with TCEC is governed by the cooperative's Bylaws, Rules and Regulations of Service and Tariffs. Click the button below to view or print those documents. Your elected and local Board of Trustees sets the Rules and Regulations and Tariffs for the cooperative.
All members (except those on Pay As You Go) receive a standard monthly bill for electricity use. Bills are due and payable upon receipt. We know one way to pay won't fit every member's needs. TCEC offers the following payment choices for its members.
Paying your bill doesn’t have to be hard to take a lot of your time. With AutoPay, your electric bill payment can be automatically withdrawn from a bank account or credit/debit card each month.
Sign-up through SmartHub. After you log in to SmartHub, go to 'Billing & Payments' then 'AutoPay Program.'
Auto payments are automatically withdrawn by your bill due date and no action is required from you. It can take up to 30 days to initiate the automatic withdrawals on your account or card. Check your electric bill to ensure it reflects “AutoPay - Do Not Pay” status. You will continue to receive a monthly paper bill via the mail - unless you opt to go paperless and receive your statement by email.
If you have multiple TCEC accounts, you can sign up for group invoice billing and only receive one bill in the mail. All individual account statements will still be included, but a summary statement will also accompany the individual statements that lists each electric account number, the corresponding amount due for each account, and a combined total of the individual accounts/bills at the bottom on the payment slip. If you think group invoice billing is an option for you, call or sign up at our office.
- Group invoice billing and AutoPay: When setting up an invoice group on AutoPay, each individual account within the group invoice must be set up on AutoPay. The invoice group system is not capable of deciding which individual accounts within the group are or are not set up on AutoPay. Any bill amounts/payments from accounts not individually set up for AutoPay will be excluded from the bank draft or credit/debit card deduction process. It is the member’s responsibility to check their SmartHub account or call our office to confirm all accounts in the invoice group are set up on AutoPay.
- Credit Balances: If a credit balance exists on any account or on the summary, our invoice group system does not recognize imbalances and automatically moves the credit from one account with a credit to pay on another account with an outstanding balance. If the credit is not moved, it could cause an account to be penalized and/or disconnected for the shortage of funds. The account with a credit would not get a penalty, but the account with an unpaid balance/shortage would receive a penalty/fee. If a member requests the credit(s) be moved to an account with an outstanding balance, then no account penalties would be assessed. To request credits be moved to a different account within the invoice group, the member must call our office or include a note with the changes listed on the remit slip submitted with the payment.
Don’t like surprises in your monthly bill? Enroll in the Levelized Monthly Payment Plan and we will calculate an average payment to keep your bills more predictable throughout the year. To enroll, complete and return the Levelized form.
Pay with check or money order via mail. DO NOT mail cash. Please include your account number on the check or money order.
P.O. Box 880
Hooker, OK 73945-0880
Save a tree, go paperless!
Reduce your footprint by signing up for paperless billing. Plus signing up is quick and easy!
Did you know for every 1,000 members who choose paperless, more than 24,000 envelopes, 36,000 sheets of paper, and $5,000 in postage is saved each year? Paperless benefits BOTH you and your electric cooperative.
Benefits of going paperless
- View or print your electric bill anytime with 24/7 access to your secure online account information.
- Receive an automated e-mail notification when your monthly electric bill is ready.
- Easily review your electric use, payment and billing history.
- No fees – you can pay your electric bill online for free.
- Eliminate mailbox clutter!
Is paperless billing right for you?
- Are you worried about personal security (i.e. no paper invoices in the mailbox)?
- Not getting payments in on time and paying late fees?
- Do you forget to pay your bill altogether and have to pay reconnect fees?
- No time to sit down and write checks for bill payments?
- Don't want to waste travel time to drop off your payment at TCEC or the post office?
- Frequently losing your paper bill and frantically searching for it to make payment?
- Always rushing to ensure payment is made at the last minute?
- Are you someone who frequently travels and is out of town on a semi or regular basis?
Paperless billing is a great tool to help you avoid all these potential bothers!!!!!
Sign up today!
It only takes a few minutes to sign up for paperless via SmartHub. SmartHub is user-friendly and it lets you manage all aspects of your TCEC account wherever, whenever is convenient for you.
- Log into your online SmartHub account and click on "My Profile" on top menu
- Choose "Update My Paperless Settings"
- Click the button to turn on paperless billing
- Choose yes to confirm. It’s that easy!
- On the mobile app, choose "settings", "paperless bill settings," and move the toggle switch to on, and click "yes" to confirm.
For any questions about paperless billing, please call us at 580.652.2418.
The Pay As You Go program from TCEC is simple, affordable and flexible. You decide when and how to pay your bill. Plus, there are no late fees or deposits on the program. You’re in control with Pay As You Go.
Pay As You Go is a program offered by TCEC which allows members to avoid deposits and fees, customize their payment schedule, purchase energy when convenient, and monitor their electricity consumption in a self-managed program.
Would it be easier for you to make weekly or biweekly payments rather than one large payment each month? If so, Pay As You Go may be for you.
TCEC, like virtually all utility providers in America, runs a credit check on any person applying for new service. Under the traditional monthly billing system, applicants with a history of non-payment or other credit impairments are required to pay a security deposit to open their account. Many people find it difficult to come up with the money for those deposits in the middle of moving, which is an expensive project by itself.
Through SmartHub, members can set up several convenient options for alerts and payment. Members can be notified of low balances, daily balance, pending disconnect, disconnection, and reconnection via email or text. Members can also set up alerts and monitor energy use via the SmartHub mobile app. Download it from the app store on your smartphone.
To sign up or switch an account to the Pay As You Go program, members can call TCEC at 580-652-2418. The participation agreement form must be signed to enroll in the Pay As You Go program.
Yes, you can switch to a Pay As You Go account even if you already have service with TCEC. Any existing security deposit will be applied to any outstanding balance and your new Pay As You Go account.
In most cases, an outstanding balance can be spread out over a period of time through a payment agreement. If a payment agreement is made, all money applied to the account will be split between the outstanding balance and future energy use. Seventy-five percent will be applied to new energy use, with the remaining 25 percent applied toward the past due balances.
There are no deposits, membership or processing fees to enroll in Pay As You Go. However, there must be a credit balance at all times to maintain electric service. The minimum credit balance required to begin service with Pay As You Go is $20.
No, Pay As You Go members do not pay a deposit.
No, Pay As You Go members will not receive a monthly statement. Members can access their account information via TCEC’s website, mobile app, in person or via telephone. They can also receive text or email account and balance updates.
Pay As You Go members can log in to their accounts through SmartHub found on TCEC’s website. You can also sign up for text or email alerts for balance notifications. By default, you will receive a notification when your account has a credit balance of $25 unless you modify this alert level yourself.
Yes. All members who have electric service during the period for which patronage capital is retired will receive a check if their refund is more than $5. When the check is less than $5, the amount is held for a future retirement.
Payments can be made at the member’s convenience by either visiting SmartHub on TCEC’s website, one of the payment kiosks located across TCEC’s service area, via phone with check or credit card or in person at our Hooker office.
Members participating in the Pay As You Go program are not eligible for payment arrangements, Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) or Levelized Monthly Payment (LMP) programs, unless they cease participation in the Pay As You Go program.
That is the beauty of this program; it is entirely up to you. Members can put as much or little in as they need or that fits into their budget. TCEC does require that customers have money in their accounts at all times. The minimum amount accepted to refill your Pay As You Go account is $20. Members may purchase power by internet, telephone, payment kiosk, mobile app, or during normal business hours at the cooperative’s office.
Again, this is entirely up to the member. When you set up your Pay As You Go account, the default credit balance at which you will receive alerts is $25. You select how and when you want this information, whether it is through text, email or mobile app.
Payment is at the member’s discretion. Once your account reaches a zero balance, it is subject to immediate disconnection. If you do not purchase more power, the meter will be turned off. The Service Availability Charge will continue to accumulate on the account and will be deducted from the next additional purchase payment. The minimum amount accepted to refill your Pay As You Go account is $20. Once a payment is made and processed, power will be reconnected.
Members may be disconnected at any time their balance falls below zero.
The Pay As You Go program is offered on a strictly voluntary basis upon election by any member receiving residential service and desiring to participate in the program. However, those members choosing the Pay As You Go program with an existing past due (e.g., delinquent) will be required to remain on the Pay As You Go program until the balance is paid in full.
Pay in person at any of our convenient PaySite kiosks. PaySite kiosks allow you to make cash, check or debit/credit card payments to your TCEC account. When making a TCEC payment, it will post to your account immediately, whether it is day or night. Credit cards accepted are Discover, MasterCard and Visa. Cash payments made in excess of your bill amount will be credited to your account. PaySites do not have the ability to provide change. If you need assistance using a kiosk, please call us at 580-652-2418.
|Location||Name and Address||Hours Available|
|Beaver, Okla.||Downing's Market
216 Douglas St.
7 a.m. - 7 p.m.
|Boise City, Okla.||Moore's Food
201 East Main Street
|8 a.m. - 9 p.m.
610 Cosmos Ave
|8:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
|Goodwell, Okla.||54 GAS-N-GO
108 West Highway 54
6 a.m. - 11 p.m.
|8 a.m. - 9 p.m.
|Hooker, Okla.||TCEC Office
995 Mile 46 Road
Slats Food Market
|7 a.m. - 9 p.m.
10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Make a quick, one-time payment using the Pay Now option. All you need is your account number and the last name or business name on the account.
Members can make payments over the automated phone system 24x7 by calling 580-652-2418 and pressing Option 2 or by calling the system directly at 844-203-6547.
Please note, for security and to comply with federal Red Flag Rules, TCEC employees cannot accept payments over the phone.
You're in control of your account from your smartphone or computer with the SmartHub mobile app or website. Pay your bill, view your use, set up alerts and more.
For the full website, use the log in option on the homepage or visit the site directly at tcec.smarthub.coop
For the mobile app, search for “SmartHub” by National Information Solutions Cooperative in your app store.
Here are links to the mobile apps in the Apple | Android stores.
This online account management service is available 24-hours a day, weekdays, weekends and holidays. This is a FREE service with NO fees.
Learn more and download SmartHub at www.smarthubapp.com.
You may pay by check, cash, or credit/debit card at our office at 995 Mile 46 Road in Hooker, Oklahoma. Our lobby is open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday - Friday, except for some holidays which are listed below.
- New Year’s Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Day after Thanksgiving
- Christmas Eve Day
- Christmas Day
Generally the calendar day of the above listed holidays the office is closed. In the event the recognized holiday falls on a Saturday, the holiday will be observed on the preceding Friday. If the holiday is on Sunday, it will be observed the following Monday.
We do also have a paysite kiosk in our foyer that is accessible year-round, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
TCEC has a drop box directly across from the front door at its office, which is located at 995 Mile 46 Road in Hooker. Payments dropped off after 8 a.m. Monday through Fridays will post the next business day. Please pay inside to avoid broken payment arrangements or disconnection.
Please note, TCEC is not liable for lost or stolen payments. While we have video surveillance, TCEC suggests either delivering payments to a kiosk or paying online through SmartHub.
Want to help?
If you know the last name and account number of the person you'd like to help, use the Pay Now - One Time Online Payment option to make a payment on the account of a friend, relative, neighbor or other party such as a small business you’d like to support. If you need help with the process, please get in touch with us.
We have done our best to gather resources. If you find any information out-of-date or incorrect, please email us at email@example.com.
Income guidelines may apply for these programs.
- U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) - Help With Your Utility Bills: Oklahoma
- Oklahoma Human Services - Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
- Oklahoma Department of Commerce - Weatherization Assistance Program
- Community Cares Partners - Covid-19 relief for renters
- Department of Human Services (Texas County serves Cimarron County): 580-338-8592
- United Methodist Church (Salvation Army): 580-544-3032
- Department of Human Services: 580-338-8592
- Salvation Army:580-338-1581
- Opportunities Inc.: 580-338-7878
- Northwest Crisis Center: 580-338-2780
- Morton County Health Department (Salvation Army): 620-697-2612
- Ministerial Alliance/Hillcrest Southern Baptist Church: 620-697-2289
- Social & Rehabilitation Services: 620-626-3700
- U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD): Help With Your Utility Bills: Kansas
- Kansas Corporation Commission Utility Bill Assistance Page