Operation Round Up program gives back to the community
TCEC’s member-supported Operation Round Up program awarded $16,900 to 12 local organizations through the TCEC Foundation in April. Operation Round Up is a program where members voluntarily have their electric bill rounded up to the next even dollar amount each month. Together, that small change adds up to make a big difference throughout the TCEC service area.
The TCEC Foundation approved donations to the following programs at its April board meeting.
- $500 to the Beaver Duster Mentoring Program
- $2,500 to the Fellowship of Christian Athletes
- $1,000 to the Girl Scouts of Texas Oklahoma Plains
- $1,400 to the Guymon Lions Club
- $1,000 to the Hands for Hope Food Pantry
- $2,500 to the Hardesty Fire Department
- $1,000 to the Hooker Fights Hunger Food Pantry
- $1,000 to the Hooker Senior Citizens
- $1,000 to the Oaks of Mamre
- $2,000 to the Boy Scouts of America
- $1,000 to the Boy Scouts Troop 163
- $1,000 to the Boy Scouts Troop 3163
- $1,000 to the Boy Scouts Troop 4163
The TCEC Foundation board of directors meets quarterly to review applications for funds. The next regularly scheduled meeting is July 14, 2021. The program was established with the simple mission of giving funds for charitable purposes in the TCEC service area. Visit www.tcec.coop/oru for more information.