Being a member of TCEC Board Advisory Collegiate Delegate Program is a distinguished opportunity to contribute to your community and enhance your leadership skills, which will help you with your educational aspirations and future career. Three college students will be selected to have an interactive, hands-on experience with TCEC’s Board and leadership team every academic year.
- Interest in operations, business administration, marketing, technology, finance, the trades, etc.
- Individuals that are natural-born leaders, who are willing to step-up and take initiative
- Those with an enthusiastic, team-oriented personality
- Students with a spirit of volunteerism and a willingness to engage with community leaders and organization
PROGRAM SPECIFICS AND PARTICIPATION REQUIREMENTS
Delegates cannot miss more than two meetings per semester. Optional meetings can be used to make up for any meeting absences.
- Delegates are invited to attend all TCEC board meetings, which are typically on the fourth Friday of the month from 10 a.m. until approximately 2 p.m. with lunch included. Some meeting dates vary as indicated under 'Important Dates.'
- Delegates will receive a $100 stipend following attendance at each board meeting. Additionally, delegates will be reimbursed for mileage at 56 cents per mile. Stipends for other meetings delegates attend may vary based on distance from Goodwell and the amount of time involved. For example, the stipend for Annual Meeting is $50 since it is less time.
- To be eligible for a scholarship for one full semester’s tuition reimbursement (up to 6 credit hours for half a year served, up to 12 credit hours for a full year served), participants must do the following:
- Serve a full term from September 2021 - May 2022.
- Attend all board meetings and events as listed under ‘Important Dates’ with no more than four absences within a term (academic year). Note this is not per semester.
- Make a presentation to the Board of Trustees and TCEC leadership team explaining what they learned during the program and any recommendations for TCEC to take in the future.
- Delegates are expected to attend the Annual Meeting, typically held the fourth Thursday in September. The 2021 Annual Meeting is September 23, 2021. Delegates should arrive by 5 p.m. and the meeting usually ends by 7 p.m.
- Applications must be received by 5 p.m. on August 25, 2021, for the 2021-2022 term.
- Members of the immediate families and/or persons residing in the households of cooperative trustees and/or employees of TCEC are not eligible to participate in the program.
- Mandatory Delegate Orientation & Photos September 10, 2021 10 a.m.
- Annual Meeting September 23, 2021 6 p.m. (OPTIONAL)
- Board Meeting September 24, 2021 10 a.m.
- Board Meeting October 22, 2021 10 a.m.
- Board Meeting November 19, 2021 10 a.m.
- Board Meeting December 17, 2021 10 a.m. (OPTIONAL)
- *Board Meeting January 28, 2022 10 a.m.
- *Board Meeting February 25, 2022 10 a.m.
- *Board Meeting March 25, 2022 10 a.m.
- *Board Meeting April 22, 2022 10 a.m.
- *Board Meeting May 20, 2022 10 a.m. (OPTIONAL)
*Meeting dates are subject to change.
OPSU IMPORTANT DATES
- Classes Begin August 16
- Labor Day September 6
- Fall Break October 15
- Thanksgiving Break November 22-26
- Final Examinations December 7-10
- Last Day of Classes December 1
*Spring 2022 dates are pending.
Questions? Contact TCEC at 580.652.2418 and ask for Maribel Esquivel in Communications at extension 102 or email email@example.com.