Being a member of TCEC Board Advisory Collegiate Delegate Program is a distinguished opportunity to contribute to your community and enhance your leadership skills, which will help you with your educational aspirations and future career. Three college students will be selected to have an interactive, hands-on experience with TCEC’s Board and leadership team every academic year.
- Interest in operations, business administration, marketing, technology, finance, the trades, etc.
- Individuals that are natural-born leaders, who are willing to step up and take initiative
- Those with an enthusiastic, team-oriented personality
- Students with a spirit of volunteerism and a willingness to engage with community leaders and organization
PROGRAM SPECIFICS AND PARTICIPATION REQUIREMENTS
- Delegates are invited to attend all TCEC board meetings, which are typically on the fourth Friday of the month from 10 a.m. until approximately 2 p.m. with lunch included. Some meeting dates vary as indicated under 'Important Dates.'
- Delegates will receive a $100 stipend following attendance at each board meeting. Additionally, delegates will be reimbursed for mileage at 56 cents per mile. Stipends for other meetings delegates attend may vary based on distance from Goodwell and the amount of time involved. For example, the stipend for Annual Meeting is $50 since it is less time.
- To be eligible for a scholarship for one full semester’s tuition reimbursement (up to 6 credit hours for half a year served, up to 12 credit hours for a full year served), participants must do the following:
- Serve a full term from August 2022 - April 2023.
- Attend all board meetings and events as listed under ‘Important Dates’ with no more than two absences within a term (academic year). Note this is not per semester. Optional meetings can be used to make up for any meeting absences.
- Make a presentation to the Board of Trustees and TCEC leadership team explaining what they learned during the program and any recommendations for TCEC to take in the future.
- Delegates are expected to attend the Annual Meeting, typically held on the fourth Thursday in September. The 2022 Annual Meeting is September 22, 2022. Delegates should arrive by 5 p.m. and the meeting usually ends by 7 p.m.
- Applications must be received by 5 p.m. on March 21, 2022, for the 2022-2023 term.
- Members of the immediate families and/or persons residing in the households of cooperative trustees and/or employees of TCEC are not eligible to participate in the program.
TCEC IMPORTANT DATES
- Mandatory Delegate Orientation & Photos - August 25, 2022, at 10 a.m.
- Board Meeting - August 26, 2022, 10 a.m.
- Annual Meeting - September 22, 2022, 5:30 p.m.
- Board Meeting - September 23, 2022, 10 a.m.
- Board Meeting - October 28, 2022, 10 a.m.
- Board Meeting - November 18, 2022, 10 a.m.
- Board Meeting - December 16, 2022, 10 a.m. (OPTIONAL)
- *Board Meeting - January 27, 2023, 10 a.m.
- *Board Meeting - February 24, 2023, 10 a.m.
- *Board Meeting - March 24, 2023, 10 a.m.
- *Board Meeting - April 28, 2023, 10 a.m.
*Meeting dates are subject to change.