Notice of 2022 Annual Meeting of the Membership
Please take notice that on Thursday, September 22, 2022, Tri-County Electric Cooperative, Inc., will conduct its Annual Meeting of the Membership at the Texas County Activity Center, 402 N. Sunset Lane, in Guymon, Oklahoma. TCEC invites all members to attend and enjoy a free gift and BBQ meal. The registration and meal begin at 5:30 p.m. and the business meeting is at 6 p.m. Registration closes promptly at 6 p.m.
In accordance with the Bylaws, the purposes of this meeting shall be as follows:
Quorum report; Read notice of meeting; Read minutes of 2019* and 2021 meetings; Reports; Introduction of Trustees; Vote on bylaw changes; Unfinished business; New business; Adjournment.
For the first time, TCEC is providing an opportunity for early voting to all members.
Each member may only vote once. Early satellite voting locations available prior to the Annual Meeting of the Membership are listed below to begin at 9 a.m. and end at 3 p.m. on September 22, 2022.
At the satellite voting locations listed below, members will be able to visit with TCEC staff and pick up their free gift when they register and vote on the proposed bylaw changes. The business meeting will be livestreamed on Facebook for those unable to attend the Annual Meeting of the Membership in person.
Satellite Voting Locations:
- TCEC Lobby 995 Mile 46 Road, Hooker, Oklahoma
- Commercial Building 402 N. Sunset Lane, Guymon, Oklahoma
- East Main Events 117 E. Main Street, Boise City, Oklahoma
- Beaver County Fairgrounds 1107 Douglas Avenue, Beaver, Oklahoma
- Morton County Civic Center 400 E. Orchard Street, Elkhart, Kansas
Only those members who register after 5 p.m. and before 6 p.m. and attend the business meeting in person at the Texas County Activity Center in Guymon will be eligible for the meeting prize drawings. Winners must be present during the drawing to claim their prize.
New this year, all members who register to vote at any location on September 22 will receive a $20 credit on their October TCEC electric bill.
*No meeting was held in 2020 due to COVID and a quorum was not present to conduct business in 2021.
Summary of 2022 Proposed Bylaw Changes
Members will vote on proposed changes to the Bylaws at the TCEC Annual Meeting on Thursday, September 22, 2022. The Board of Trustees offers these improvements to better engage and protect members.
- The changes in section 7.02 Patronage Capital are designed to protect the cooperative better financially in the event of a member bankruptcy. They also allow for earlier capital credit retirement if a nonactive or previous member chooses to receive their capital credits early at a discounted rate.
- The changes to section 3.04 Quorum introduce electronic and mail-in voting options and allows them to count toward a quorum to conduct business at the annual meeting.
- The change in section 4.02 Voting Districts moves redistricting to occur after the annual meeting. It also increases the allowed difference from 10 to 20% in the number of members in each district. This should make redistricting less frequent.