TCEC believes in the power of community and one of our core values is 'Concern for Community.' That's why the cooperative supports community efforts that enhance the quality of life for our members. Contributions are given for safety and youth programs, school and community events and improvements, and other projects that will enhance quality of life for cooperative members. Depending on the need, contributions may take several different formats - monetary, employee labor, or promotional products. Tri-County Electric has established these guidelines for the allocation of contributions.
- The requesting organization must be based in TCEC's service territory, and conduct the majority of its charitable activity in the territory.
- The purpose of the donation must be strongly related to the cooperative's mission, vision and values.
- Preference will be given to donations that:
- Are focused on providing education along with other services to area youth and senior members.
- Help provide a vital service that is not otherwise available in the region.
- Are greatly in need of TCEC's support.
- Support high-profile community events or celebrations.
- Donations should be used for capital investment (e.g. building additions, fire department training, annual support campaigns, special equipment), not regular day-to-day operating expenses.
- Donations should help the organization become more self-sufficient.
- The organization must be able to show TCEC how the donation is being put to good use such as taking pictures, providing an end report of results, and other useful information.
- Donations should be for organization community benevolence. Charitable funds cannot be used for individual catastrophic or medical conditions.
All requests for charitable contributions must be received in writing. Submit your request online using the form below. To follow up on your request, call 580-652-2418 or email us.